A lot of corporate big shots emphasize on diversity - and for a good reason. Diversity is an easy means to getting a bigger perspective of life - and in all spheres.
Here are some of the things I did that added to my share of fun in life.
Profession - Having friends from different walks of life can get really refreshing. There is no dearth of people from backgrounds different from yours - one just has to reach out.
Age - Last week I went to movie "Ice Age" with a five year old. A week before that I had gone to movie with a friend's mom! Its different and its fun :) I am sure the makers of the movie had not expected that it would be perceived as scary and sad by a 5 year old :)
Gender - Your friend circle should be a healthy mix of men and women. Plain and simple - there are things that one enjoys with women and things one enjoys with men! Try both!
Religion/ Caste/ Region - If not anything else, you stand a chance of being invited for a home cooked meal at your Gujarati friend's house ;) Don't forget to reciprocate the favor :)
Here's an additional tip- Doing an activity together can prove to be a binding factor when it comes to socialising. Activity not only adds fun to socializing, it also makes it sustainable :)
Here are some of the things I did that added to my share of fun in life.
Profession - Having friends from different walks of life can get really refreshing. There is no dearth of people from backgrounds different from yours - one just has to reach out.
Age - Last week I went to movie "Ice Age" with a five year old. A week before that I had gone to movie with a friend's mom! Its different and its fun :) I am sure the makers of the movie had not expected that it would be perceived as scary and sad by a 5 year old :)
Gender - Your friend circle should be a healthy mix of men and women. Plain and simple - there are things that one enjoys with women and things one enjoys with men! Try both!
Religion/ Caste/ Region - If not anything else, you stand a chance of being invited for a home cooked meal at your Gujarati friend's house ;) Don't forget to reciprocate the favor :)
Here's an additional tip- Doing an activity together can prove to be a binding factor when it comes to socialising. Activity not only adds fun to socializing, it also makes it sustainable :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home